[rspec-users] Argument Constraints where the Argument is a Hash

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Aug 18 12:22:25 EDT 2008

Okay, I realised the with() is calling the == method on whatever you
pass in, so I did this:

       module EquateAnyHashContainingAllMyElements
         def ==(other)

           self.keys.all? do |key|
             other.has_key?(key)

           expected_params = {
             :page => "1",
             :city_id => city.id.to_s,
             :name => name_filter }

           expected_params.extend(EquateAnyHashContainingAllMyElements)

           Venue::Query.should_receive(:new).with
( expected_params ).and_return(query)

Thoughts? Is there a neater way to do this? Be as brutal as you
like ... ;)

cheers,
Matt
----