[rspec-users] Documentation for Plain-Text Stories

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Aug 18 07:24:55 EDT 2008

I think it's better to make them separate. Conceptually, the story
runner slightly confuses the identity of what RSpec is - is it for
specifying behaviour of individual classes (a la TDD) or is it for
specifying the behaviour of the whole system? I think the describe /
it / should thing is powerful enough in its own right as a way to
express behaviour of individual classes. Coming from writing XUnit
tests I absolutely love it - it's such a natural way to describe the
desired behaviour.

Presumably you might also end up needing something like a Cucumber-
Rails plugin, or are you envisaging tying Cucumber to rails?

future employers of mine.