[rspec-users] Documentation for Plain-Text Stories

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:57:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
> Can I help the project by writing some docs about the plain-text story
> runner for the rspec.info website? It would surely help me to get it wired
> in my own mind if I have to write it up for the world.
> Would this be helpful / appreciated?
> What format would you want them in?

The RSpec Story runner is likely to be deprecated in favour of the new
feature runner (temporarily called Cucumber).
http://www.nabble.com/-ANN--Cucumber-td18876816.html

The RSpec Story runner will continue to exist for a while, I just
wanted to let you know that future development and documentation
efforts will be focused on Cucumber. Cucumber also has some
documentation and examples on Github, more specifically:

* How to use without Rails
* How to use with Rails+Webrat
* How to use with Watir

Please let me know if you'd like to help out documenting Cucumber. One
thing that is missing is a migration guide from RSpec Story runner.

Cheers,
Aslak