[rspec-users] Documentation for Plain-Text Stories

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:57:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
> Can I help the project by writing some docs about the plain-text story
> runner for the rspec.info website? It would surely help me to get it wired
> in my own mind if I have to write it up for the world.
> Would this be helpful / appreciated?
> What format would you want them in?

The RSpec Story runner is likely to be deprecated in favour of the new
feature runner (temporarily called Cucumber).

The RSpec Story runner will continue to exist for a while, I just
wanted to let you know that future development and documentation
efforts will be focused on Cucumber. Cucumber also has some
documentation and examples on Github, more specifically:

* How to use without Rails
* How to use with Rails+Webrat
* How to use with Watir

Please let me know if you'd like to help out documenting Cucumber. One
thing that is missing is a migration guide from RSpec Story runner.