[rspec-users] require StepGroup problem

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Thu Aug 14 12:33:22 EDT 2008

Gaston Ramos wrote:
> El mié, 13 de ago de 2008, a las 07:11:49 -0600, Pat Maddox dijo:
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Gaston Ramos <ramos.gaston at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys, I'm trying to run this story http://pastie.org/252361
>> You need to fully-qualify the class name, which is Spec::Story::StepGroup.
>> Although I'm not sure why you're defining the steps this way in the
>> first place.  I think you want to use steps_for to define them, and
>> with_steps_for to run them.
> Thanks! it worked, but now I'm having another problem:
> http://pastie.org/252951
> http://pastie.org/252953
> What's wrong?

It looks like the runner can't find your steps.  Like Pat said, people
typically use the steps_for construct for defining steps.  I reworked
your story to illustrate the proper usage:

This blog post talks about using 'rubyesque' stories:

Also, I created a rails app for a presentation
where I show the different ways of using the story runner (rubyesque and
plain text).  If you are familiar with git you can download it and look
at how I did both ways (I used tags to mark my commits.) To list the
tags simply type ‘git tag’ and to checkout a tag into a new branch type
‘git checkout -b tag_name tag_name’. The link:

Vi su blog.. si esta escribiendo los relatos en espansol hay un 'patch'
que sorpete espaonol (pues, castellano :) )  para las palabras (Given =>
Dado, When => Cuando, etc..):
Tambien, Aslak Hellesøy tiene un projecto que se llama "cucumber" que es
un "rewrite of the story runner using treetop" que ya sorpete lenguaje

No he hablado espanol hace mucho anos, espero que me entiende. :)

Hope that helps,