[rspec-users] Do you remember RSpactor?

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Thu Aug 14 10:49:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:26 AM, rubyphunk <treas at dynamicdudes.com> wrote:

> On 8 Aug., 19:11, "Mark Wilden" <m... at mwilden.com> wrote:
> > I've been using RSpactor (the gem version, not the GUI) fairly happily
> for a
> > month or so. However, when trying the GUI version out, it became clear
> that
> > RSpactor loads things differently than 'rake spec'. Today, using the gem
> > version, I found that I get a MissingSourceFile trying to require json.
> > 'rake spec' works fine.
> RSpactor loads things the same way as 'rake spec' does. The problem
> comes from the environment RSpactor.app is running in.

I was talking about the gem version, not RSpactor.app.

However, you can use RSpactor already for your daily work. I do, and a

> lot of other people too.

I was using the gem version very happily for a month or more, until I ran
into tests failing on RSpactor that passed with rake spec and autotest.

I think RSpactor has a lot of promise for Mac users and I wish the project
luck. Unfortunately I don't have the capacity to add another beta project to
my plate, otherwise I'd try to be more helpful.