[rspec-users] WDYT, simple, anonymous story listeners?

Joseph Wilk lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Aug 13 05:26:09 EDT 2008

It looks like a nice shortcut for those times when you are registering
simple one-off listeners.

While it does provide a nice shortcut I can see reasons why that
shortcut might be bad(in some cases).

Separating registering and implementation can be a good thing.
*Split the logic.
*Organise files/classes nicely
*Enable inheritance from the listeners

If it was anything that I had to maintain or touch regularly I would be
happier with a class.

Can/Could you support mixins inside FunctionalStruct? That would help
overcome some of those points.

I can think of a couple of places that I would be happy using
FunctionalStruct. Is the source for 'FunctionalStruct'
written/available?

--
Joseph Wilk
http://www.joesniff.co.uk