[rspec-users] Stories run with "ruby", not "spec"

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Fri Aug 8 11:20:53 EDT 2008

Since there's no real documentation for stories yet, and since none of the
blog posts about it ever show it being run, I thought some other newbie
might find this useful information when they're Googling:

You don't run RSpec stories with spec!  You run them with ruby.

For instance, in Ben Mabey's "animals" tutorial, at:

you run the example stories with

ruby stories/animals_without_webrat.rb

spec stories/animals_without_webrat.rb

I imagine this is in the screencasts, but I'm working with a developer who
has no broadband, so I've been reading more than watching...

So, yeah. Carry on.