[rspec-users] HTML Story Formatter

Joseph Wilk lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Aug 8 11:09:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

Hope you had a nice break David.

I've been thinking about hidden backtraces in the html stories some more
and I think having them carries little to no impact for the non-tech
consumers of the stories.

I think its similar to how we use Nagios. The business like to look at
the nice red and green lights. When things go wrong they don't care why,
they care if its red. The QA people of the other hand can use the same
interface to see what went wrong.

It feels a similar situation to that of the html stories.

The key thing for me is that we still try and make the html story
reports standalone. Fortunately a simple show hide is not going to
require any external js libs.

I'm happy to add some JS to my current patch to show/hide the backtrace
when there is an error.

As for a separate Formatter for developers, with the JS/backtrace dealt
with perhaps until something dramatic comes about that swings the
discussion we procrastinate?

--
Joseph Wilk,
http://www.joesniff.co.uk