[rspec-users] Granularity in stories (was Straw Poll: How are you using plain text stories (in rails)?)

Rahoul Baruah baz at madeofstone.net
Wed Aug 6 11:41:44 EDT 2008

On 6 Aug 2008, at 16:18, Matt Wynne wrote:

> It might help to have a look at the thread that starts here:
> http://www.benmabey.com/2008/05/19/imperative-vs-declarative-
> scenarios-in-user-stories/
>
> Its a subtlety I'm only just getting my head around, but there's a
> wealth of useful experience behind these posts.

Thanks Matt (and Ben), that's very helpful.

I'm definitely in the "declarative, token for conversation" camp
then.  So I would write a scenario for success and one for failure
and let my models (and/or controllers) deal with what failure
actually means.

Heh, I like this stuff - it's got me enthused about programming in a
way that haven't been since I first came across Rails.

B.

Rahoul Baruah
Web design and development: http://www.3hv.co.uk/
Nottingham Forest: http://www.eighteensixtyfive.co.uk/