[rspec-users] it_should_behave_like and arguments

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:49:01 EDT 2008

Hello list,

I'm trying to setup some shared specs to describe a CRUD controller
and want to reuse the logic in it.

I'm basing most of the examples in latest David's post about it [1]

The thing is that looking at the mailing list I couldn't find a
cleaner way to set the model that will be used in the different
controller examples.

Has anyone experienced DRY without removing readability in this topic?
I was looking for something like this:

describe Invoices do
  it_should_behave_like "CRUD", :model => Invoice, ...
end

where :model is being set as instance variable inside the shared specs.

In any case, I can workaround using before(:each) blocks before
invoking the shared specs.

Thanks in advance for comments, suggestions and pointers.

[1] http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2008/7/1/new-controller-examples
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17