[rspec-users] Spec Server on Windows - missing fork

Mark Wilden mark.wilden at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:04:37 EDT 2008

spec_server is one of the hidden gems of the RSpec world. It's not
completely a slam-dunk to use, and I know people who don't use it because of
various problems, but it's worth working through those problems, especially
if you do T/BDD.

I've set up a vim script that runs just the current spec, where "current" is
defined as "the last spec the cursor was on" (even if you're editing the
model or whatever). Wherever I am, I can just hit Ctrl-X and see the results
of the test almost instantly. Beat that, TextMate!