[rspec-users] Spec Server on Windows - missing fork

Dean Radcliffe lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Aug 2 12:22:58 EDT 2008

Really tired of 30 second startup times to run Test::Unit tests, I would
give my left pinky for a solution to running spec_server on windows. Is
there some monkey patch that can avoid daemonizing the process
altogether (Im fine if it runs as any kind of process at all). TIA.
Error below - I have open3 and win32-process already but no dice.

Dean

> rake spec:server:start
(in C:/ChessOnRails/trunk)
Starting up spec server.
Ready
script/spec_server:81:in `fork': fork() function is unimplemented on
this machine (NotImplementedErr
or)
        from script/spec_server:81:in `daemonize'
        from script/spec_server:113

> gem list win32

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

win32-api (1.2.0, 1.0.4)