[rspec-users] noob question for getting true or false from a function

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 01:59:18 EDT 2008

Hey all,

I have an action that looks like this:

  def create
    if using_open_id?
      open_id_authentication(params[:openid_url])
    else
      password_authentication(params[:email], params[:password])

I have a spec that looks like this:
  it "should login and redirect" do
    post :create, :email => "foo at bar.com", :password => "test"
    <here goes the code that says that using_open_id? must return false>
    session[:user_id].should_not be(nil)
    response.should be_redirect
  end

any idea how to make this work so that using_open_id? returns false?
For now I get "undefined method `using_open_id?' for
#<SessionsController>". I don't want to write a test for
using_open_id? cause it comes with the open_id_authentication plugin.

thanks in advance

Pat