[rspec-users] restful controllers with different content types

Adam Wiggins adam at heroku.com
Sat Apr 26 18:35:09 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 1:33 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Apr 25, 2008, at 11:34 PM, "Adam Wiggins" <adam at heroku.com> wrote:
> >  it "creates a new photo from a posted image file" do
> >   Photo.should_receive(:create).with(:binary_data => 'the data',
> > :content_type => 'image/jpg')
> >   post :create, :body => 'the data'
> >  end
>
>  What happens when you try this?

It treats :body as a regular urlencoded parameter.  i.e., the body of
the POST sent through to the controller is "body=the+data", when I
want it to be "the data".

There's the matter of content-type too; I left that out in hopes if
simplifying the question.  The more complete version might be:

post :create, :content_type => 'image/jpg', :body => 'the data'

But :content_type and :body are not treated as special parameters, so
I was wondering if there is some other mechanism for doing this.

Adam