[rspec-users] restful controllers with different content types

Adam Wiggins adam at heroku.com
Fri Apr 25 23:34:50 EDT 2008

Simplified example of a controller which takes a POST with a non-xml
and non-form-urlencoded content type:

class PhotosController < ApplicationController
  def create
    Photo.create :binary_data => request.body.read, :content_type => 'image/jpg'
    head :ok

How can I spec this?  The way that I'd like to do it would be something like:

  it "creates a new photo from a posted image file" do
    Photo.should_receive(:create).with(:binary_data => 'the data',
:content_type => 'image/jpg')
    post :create, :body => 'the data'