[rspec-users] Is testing output within content_for possible?

Chris Olsen lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Apr 19 18:57:13 EDT 2008

I wanted to test that the links below were being rendered in the views.

- content_for :sidebar do
  %ul.links
    %li= edit_link edit_admin_contact_url(@contact), "Contact"

# view test
    it "should have the correct side bar links" do
      do_render
      response.should have_tag("ul.links") do
        with_tag("a[href=?]", edit_admin_account_url(accounts(:test)))

The above doesn't work.  Just to make sure my tests weren't the issue I
removed the content_for block and the tests then passed.

Is there something extra that has to be done to get the content_for
contents to be rendered?

Thanks for the help.