[rspec-users] Integration Test Uploading in Rails 2.0.2 was (Re: Attachment-fu + Story Runner)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 18:37:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Joe Van Dyk <joe at pinkpucker.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:46 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Joe Van Dyk <joe at pinkpucker.net> wrote:
>  >  > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:34 AM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  >  > On 3/20/08, Joe Van Dyk <joe at pinkpucker.net> wrote:
>  >  >  >  > What was the resolution on this?  How do you people test uploads with
>  >  >  >  >  rspec stories?
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I submitted a Rails patch to address the underlying problem
>  >  >  >  http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/11091
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  It got in as changeset 8978 and should be in edge rails.
>  >  >
>  >  >  Would it be worth it to monkeypatch that patch into rspec?
>  >
>  >  Why would we do that? It's already in edge rails.
>
>  Because I can't upgrade to edge rails.  And I want to be able to test
>  file uploads.

Okay, I needed it at work, and enough folks have been asking, so I
made a very small plugin which 'applies' via a monkey patch, the rails
changeset of my integration upload patch to the gem version of Rails
2.0.2.

It's available from github, and the details are at
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2008/04/18/rails-integration-test-file-upload-plugin

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby