[rspec-users] Creating stories for the second resource. Very wet appro

Joseph Wilk lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Apr 17 09:44:03 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've come across a similar problem. Sharing the steps is the easy bit.
And I've started to create a 'useful_steps.rb' for storing very common
steps.

I have just copy and pasted the plain text stories before but since they
use the same steps, there was little new steps to write.

It feels like the steps are where you want to keep it dry but the
stories are the domain specific language to writing
acceptance/integration tests.

So it is similar problem to saying that models contain lots of
'has_ones' and hence are not dry.

Well thats the conclusions I've been coming to after using stories for a
while.

--
Joseph Wilk
http://www.joesniff.co.uk