[rspec-users] rspec + github == !submodules

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 22:39:39 EDT 2008

Hey all,

We ran into some problems last night with the repos up at github. We
initially thought it was a git-submodules bug. We learned that it was
something else, but in the process of trying to find the source of the
bug, we learned a few things about git-submodules and have decided
that it creates an unfortunate set of complications and dependencies
for a development effort like ours.

To that end, we have simplified. No more submodules. To update, do the
following:

cd rspec-dev
git pull
rake git:update