[rspec-users] Inspect STDERR in a story

Edvard Majakari edvard at majakari.net
Mon Apr 14 09:36:02 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Ashley Moran
<ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

>  Yeah!  Don't know why I didn't think of just sending stderr to a log
>  file myself...

..because you're likely smart enough to avoid using file as a
temporary variable whenever possible :)

First off, using the method similar to above would break bad if you
run tests in parallel inside the same process. But
that's easy enough to fix (eg. add some random stuff). No, I don't run
stuff in parallel yet because deep_test is not ready for RSpec yet,
but in the future, I hope I'll be able to.

"One day, when he was naughty, Mr Bunnsy looked over the hedge into
Farmer Fred's field and it was full of fresh green lettuces. Mr
Bunnsy, however, was not full of lettuces. This did not seem fair."
 -- Terry Pratchett, Mr. Bunnsy Has An Adventure