[rspec-users] newbq: Organizing your stories

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 04:43:36 EDT 2008

On 11 Apr 2008, at 05:16, Zach Dennis wrote:

>  - stories/
>     - projects/
>       - a_user_creating_a_project_story
>       - a_project_manager_adding_users_to_a_project_story
>     - admin/
>       - an_admin_removing_users_story
>
> I use stories as system level integration tests, so they usually
> cover a broader scope than a controller/action.

Same here: I write all my stories from the point of view of a system
user trying to perform a task, with no regard for what code was being
executed to let them do so. In Zach's example, I imagine
a_project_manager_adding_users_to_a_project_story might touch
StoryController and UsersController if you go on to the user's page to
check that the project is on his list of users, etc...

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/