[rspec-users] Multi-line steps

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:59:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Ashley Moran
<ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I just wondered what the plan was for multi-line steps.  Is anyone
>  working on it?  I've just come across a real use for it (including
>  small text files in the story).

It' might be a little clunky, but I've recently done something like
this in a story involving uploading a csv file

   When Fred creates a csv file
   And the csv file has a record with "first_name", "last_name"
   And the csv file has a record with "Bilbo", "Baggins"
   And the csv file has a record with "Arwen", "Evenstar"
   And Fred uploads the csv file

The step for the first line creates an empty string object, and the
next three append to it. The final step does whatever is needed to
turn the string into a TestUploadFile or whatever is needed.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/