[rspec-users] Need some help with a simple

Glenn Ford glenn at aldenta.com
Mon Apr 7 17:31:23 EDT 2008

I'm guessing the key is inside "find_account_by_subdomain_or_url".  Do
you have that defined somewhere?  It probably calls something like:

@account = Account.find_by_subdomain(blah) or Account.find_by_url(blah)

In which case that's probably what you need to stub.  Nothing is
actually checking for the return value of the controller method or
assigning it to @account.  In other words, you probably should do
Account.stub! instead of controller.stub!  Check what's in that method
and see if that gets you closer to the solution.

Good luck!
Glenn