[rspec-users] Autotest RSpec Not Running on Model Save's?

Willem Källman lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Apr 6 15:36:14 EDT 2008

Same problem here, but I guess it has nothing to do with RSpec or the
fact that you are testing a model. Instead, Autotest seems to misbehave.

Say we have a project directory with these contents:

The following is what Autotest does on my system:
After running '$ autotest'
and changing the contents of spec_script.rb, Autotest invokes
/<path_to_ruby>/ruby -S /<path_to_rspec>/rspec-1.1.3/bin/spec -O
spec/spec.opts  spec/spec_script.rb
Which is perfectly fine.
However, when I edit and save script.rb, Autotest will call 'spec'
without specifying a file: /<path_to_ruby>/ruby -S
/<path_to_rspec>/rspec-1.1.3/bin/spec -O
Just as you described it.

I'd really love to hear some ideas on how to fix this. Thank you!