[rspec-users] Command line story runner

Joe Van Dyk joe at pinkpucker.net
Fri Apr 4 18:21:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Kyle Hargraves <philodespotos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hullo all,
>
>  It sucks to write wrapper .rb files just so stories/all.rb can find
>  and run them.

Here's what my stories/all.rb looks like:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/helper'
Dir[File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../steps/*.rb'].each { |f| require f }

with_steps_for(:general, :sessions, :blogs, :game_moderation,
:user_completed_games, :searching, :puzzles, :user_media) do
  run_local_story "blog_story"
  run_local_story "user_completed_games_story"
  run_local_story "searching_story"
  run_local_story "puzzle_story"
  run_local_story "picathon_uploads_story"
  #run_local_story "game_moderation_story"
end

Last one is commented out, since I just added a bunch of ajaxy stuff
to the pages and haven't converted the stories over to ajax yet (if
that's possible).

Each one of the steps corresponds to a controller step file that's in
/steps.  Works pretty well, not much of a hassle running stories.
This is for http://tanga.com.

Joe