[rspec-users] [ANN] rspec_hpricot_matchers 1.0: have_tag on hpricot

Corey Haines coreyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:18:19 EDT 2008

Just thought I'd send out a little update on using this library. Great! We
converted our tests over to using it, and I'm very happy with it. Good job,
Kyle! Keep up the good work.
It did take a bit of time to convert (using @ in attributes, for example),
but it was well worth it.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Kyle Hargraves <philodespotos at gmail.com>

> Hello everyone,
> A few weeks ago, I put together a little project that provides a
> have_tag() matcher look-alike that can be used outside of Rails
> projects, backed by Hpricot, which I very creatively named
> rspec_hpricot_matchers. It's not a drop-in replacement for
> rspec_on_rails' have_tag(): no substitution values, Hpricot's CSS
> selectors aren't identical to assert_select's, and with_tag() has been
> replaced by nested calls to have_tag(). But it's pretty close and even
> enjoys a few benefits over the standard implementation.
> I finally got around to registering a project on RubyForge and pushing
> a gem, so it is now available with just:
>  gem install rspec_hpricot_matchers
> If you're interested, the source is hosted on github at:
>  http://github.com/pd/rspec_hpricot_matchers
> I'm using this both in isolated XML-related libraries and in my Rails
> projects, and I haven't come up with any features I want lately, so
> it's reasonably stable in my experience. Usage examples are available
> in the README, and the specs are simple enough to be another good set
> of examples.
> Suggestions, patches and angry flames about list spamming are all welcome.
> Thanks
> Kyle

The Internet's Premiere source of information about Corey Haines