[rspec-users] Stub an instance method for every new instance of a class

Jed Hurt jed.hurt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:19:47 EDT 2008

Haha, that's about the response I was expecting; I asked with some
trepidation. I'm just looking for a quick hack to short-circuit Merb's
render method to do some view/controller isolation testing until Merb
officially supports it. I can't just stub methods on @controller (like in
Rails) because the controller is instantiated after calling dispatch.
I suppose I could whip up a different sort of hack to accomplish the
isolation in the meantime, but now I'm not so sure; apparently I'm quite a
noob ;)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Ashley Moran <ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk>