[rspec-users] Tabs in the TextMate Bundle

Ollie Saunders oliver.saunders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:53:53 EDT 2008

I tried to post this to the devel list but it never seemed to get
through. So I'm posting it here in the hope that someone from the
development team will notice:

Hello,

I noticed that you are using spaces in all the snippets in the
TextMate bundle. I have TM set to 4 spaces and when I use the RSpec
bundle I get all these 3-spaced things that are inconsistent and
difficult to work with.

If you change all the spaces in the snippets to tabs they are expanded
to the users preference as they are used. So users wanting 2, 3 or 4
spaces or actual tabs get what they want. I'm using revision 3333 btw.

Second thing: I experienced some problems getting the correct version
of ruby to work with RSpec (it was refusing to use the one that had
all the gems installed), this isn't really your issue at all but I
wondered if it might be nice to put a note about the issue in the
README. Especially considering you can run these two lines of bash to
make the problem magically vanish:

mkdir ~/.MacOSX
echo "{ PATH = \"$PATH\"; }" > ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist

--
Ollie
http://olliesaunders.net/