[rspec-users] form action url example

sinclair bain rspec.user at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:37:46 EDT 2007

I have the following example:

  it 'should have a form with an action attribute' do
    response.should have_tag( "form[action=?]",

for a form like so:

<% form_for( :trouble_ticket,
    :url => { :action => 'create',
                 :user_id => @machine.current_owner,
                 :machine_id => @machine } ) do |f| %>

Now this fails.

The way it will pass is to change the url parameters to _explicitly_ call
the id method on the
parameter values like so:

<% form_for( :trouble_ticket,
    :url => { :action => 'create',
         *:user_id => @machine.current_owner.id,*
         *:machine_id => @machine.id* } ) do |f| %>

(nb. I am stubbing and mock these objects )

My thought is that rails does not require this since it helps by making sure
the #id of each object is used in the action url.

Is this an error in rspec or just something (mildly inconsistent? ) which
I'll have to do in this very limited context ?