[rspec-users] rspec_on_rails: controller method not getting called

cnantais cnantais at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:47:58 EDT 2007

In my rspec_on_rails controlle rspec, I have this:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../spec_helper'

describe FooController, "with a foo" do
  it "should be false" do
    get 'index'
    assigns[:foo].should be_false

In my controller I have this:

class FooController < ApplicationController
  def index
    @foo = FALSE

But the result of running the spec is:
1)
'FooController should be false' FAILED
expected false, got nil

It seems I can give any argument to `get`in the description and it won't
complain that the method is missing, so I suppose this means that the `get`
in the description is not calling my 'index' method.  Any advice?

I'm using the latest RSpec and rspec_on_rails, ruby 1.8.6, Rails 1.2.3.

Thanks,

Chad