[rspec-users] simple story, extract link

Jonathan Linowes jonathan at parkerhill.com
Tue Sep 25 17:51:20 EDT 2007

I just started fooling around with story runner, thought I'd start
with a dead simple scenario:
The first thing I do when describing a site to someone is go to the
home page, and begin exploring public pages from there.
So, that seems like a good first story to spec out.

And I'd really like to extract the actual link from the rendered page
(rather than just "assuming" in the spec), but I'm not sure how to do
Something like:

       # alink = find tag 'div#home-banner-links a '  where
       # url = extract the href attribute from alink
       get url

Here's the story so far: http://pastie.caboo.se/100810

I'd appreciate suggestions as this seems like something I'd like to
do alot. Thanks