[rspec-users] Autotest with RSpec Rails and Engines

Shane Mingins smingins at elctech.com
Tue Sep 25 06:16:18 EDT 2007

Hi

We have a Rails project using an engine which I want to run autotest
with rspec against.

So the project specific specs are in the specs directory but the
common specs are in the specs directory of the engine plugin  (e.g.
vendor/plugin/engine/specs)

Just wondering where I would be looking to change configuration so
that autotest will also look for the specs in the engine directory?

is there some way of configuring using a .autotest file?   The
tests_for_file method did not seem to be what I wanted in that it
determines the spec to run for a file where I want to determine the
files themselves?

It would seem that the initialize method of the class
Autotest::RailsRspec sets up where it is finding the tests, yes?  And
is it here that I should be looking to change?

And pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers
Shane