[rspec-users] Testing RESTful routes

Andrew WC Brown omen.king at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:08:36 EDT 2007

I'm currently in a simliar situation as you.
I have an application that doesn't use the default routing.

When I try to write my stories.
ex.

And "user logged in successfully" do
  post "/session/create", :login => "Jon", :password => "your_momma"
  response.should redirect_to(home_path)
end

The post fails unless I include this back into my routes file
   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'

> map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'

and even then when I add them back in they'll conflict with my other routes
and I have to comment out all my other routes.
But then it will pass.