[rspec-users] given_it

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:19:49 EDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Yurii Rashkovskii <yrashk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then I will have tens of methods that in fact has nothing really
> different from reused examples

But, as methods, they are more clearly differentiated for reuse.

The problem is that if I reuse an example, and then decide to change
that example, I may accidentally change the meaning of other examples.
This is possible w/ helper methods too, but I think it is less likely.

You can keep pursuing this if you like, but I can tell you right now
that it is very likely not going to happen. We already have a few
different ways to deal w/ reuse and this one seems more confusing to
me than helpful.