[rspec-users] given_it

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:31:17 EDT 2007

Just decided to check whether I am doing something that makes sense
or not. I was thinking about how cool would it be to re-use examples
(just like we reuse story scenarios with GivenScenario). I was not
sure if this possibility already exists in rspec (and, honestly, was
lazy to check), so I have created this helper:

def given_it(name)
   example_definition = behaviour.example_definitions.find{|i|
i.description == name }

so it is possible to write things like

it "should do something after another action" do
   given_it "should successfully do another action"
   do_something.should be_fine

Is there anything already in rspec that allows me to do the same
stuff? Or was it a bad idea at all?