[rspec-users] "rake spec:doc" returns NO NAME (due to --dry-run) for each specify block

Christopher D. Pratt chrisdpratt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 22:18:26 EDT 2007

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, I apparently just like being
difficult.

Tom: I installed the new version of rspec on a fresh app, so the first run
of  script/generate rspec was from the trunk version ... good idea though,
because it sounds like something I would have done

-----

David: all of my specify blocks have the string names on them, so that
doesn't seem like the problem. I also tried running the two commands you
provided but both returned the following errors:

$ rake spec --format specdoc
rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: ormat)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1934:in
`raw_load_rakefile'

$ rake spec -fs
rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: s)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1934:in
`raw_load_rakefile'

Is there some way I can turn off dry run for spec:doc?

--------

Aslak: I'm not relying on auto-generated names. Although I definitely agree
that spec:doc is acting as if I were

-------

Any other ideas? ;)

Thanks,