[rspec-users] "Not Implemented" doesn't show

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:53:52 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Andrew WC Brown <omen.king at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going through Peepcode's Rspec Basics for an overview.
>
> He's just doing a simple spec:
>
> class PeepCode
>  end
>
> describe PeepCode do
>   it "should be awsome" do
>   end
>  end
>
> So running spec spec/simple_spec.rb should produce according to his screen
> cast:
> 1 example, 0 failures, 1 not implemented

I'm pretty sure that I saw the peep code and it showed the right thing
here - but I don't have time to go through it right this minute to
verify. That said, if that IS what the screencast says then the
screencast is wrong. You can get "Not implemented" with no block:

describe PeepCode do
  it "should be awesome" # no block passed to the #it method
end

or by using the pending method inside the block:

describe PeepCode do
  it "should be awesome" do
    pending("for some reason")

or

describe PeepCode do
  it "should be awesome" do
    pending("for some reason") do

but an empty block (as in your example) just passes.

HTH,
David