[rspec-users] #add method?

David James davidj503 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 10:39:00 EDT 2007

I wish I was more specific, indeed. :)

While scouring the Web for examples of mocking ActiveRecord associations
(see other thread), I saw the add method -- but couldn't figure out what it
did.  That made me wonder if it was perhaps some special construct in RSpec
(perhaps for helping with associations, I didn't really know).  To
investigate, I did a code search in the rspec on rails plugin... and saw
reference to an add method there (but I wasn't clear what it did).  At that
point, I was confused, (obviously!) so just wanted to rule out some
possibilities.  Your reply helped me put me on the right path.  Thanks!