[rspec-users] "rake spec:doc" returns NO NAME (due to --dry-run) for each specify block

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 06:48:58 EDT 2007

When you use spec:doc, it does a dry-run, in which case the blocks are
never executed, in which case you get this message for every block
relying on auto-generated names:

describe 5 do
  it { 5.should == 5}
end

If you mean to use the specdoc format (i.e. it really runs everything
and you get the output from all the strings passed to describe and
it), do this:

rake spec --format specdoc

or

rake spec -fs