[rspec-users] "rake spec:doc" returns NO NAME (due to --dry-run) for each specify block

Christopher D. Pratt chrisdpratt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 05:19:39 EDT 2007

I went ahead and moved to the trunk versions of RSpec and Spec:Rails because
I wanted to try out the new Story Runner feature. However, when I tried to
do "rake spec:doc", I got the following:

AccountController
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)

AccountHelper
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)

User (in general)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)
- NO NAME (Because of --dry-run)

I emptied everything out of my spec.opts file just to make sure it wasn't
some setting there causing problems, but that still had no effect. I haven't
submitted this as a bug yet because I'm still holding out the possibility
that I'm simply doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Chris Pratt