[rspec-users] How to write a plugin that uses rspec internally?

David James davidj503 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 09:05:20 EDT 2007

My team is working on a plugin and we want to use RSpec internally for the
plugin's tests.

(a) What are some different ways to go about this?  Should we rely on the
RSpec gem?  Should we expect that the "host" Rails application has installed
the RSpec plugins?  Are there other options?

(b) Which approach from (a) would you recommend?

(c) Would you recommend any particular plugins to study along these lines?