[rspec-users] Posted this in "dev" last night but I'm not sure that anyone reads it

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:10:15 EDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Evan David Light <evan at tiggerpalace.com> wrote:
>   I've been using RSpec in anger for perhaps a total of a few days and just
> started playing with Story Runner.  Love it.
>  I also started working on a patch, which ought to be simple, to allow for
> Scenarios without supplied blocks to be treated as pending -- much like "it"
> in Spec::DSL::ExampleAPI.
>  That said, I noticed something that seemed odd and chatted with Rein
> Henrichs a little about it on #rspec.  ScenarioRunner#run treats "pending"
> scenarios as an error case.  We both believed this to be a little odd as we
> both thought that pending would just be a branch and not an error.  That
> said, I thought that there may be a reasonable explanation.
> Evan Light
> IMs (all): sleight42
> Twitter: elight
> http://evan.tiggerpalace.com

Hrm...I added

    And "this should be pending" do
      pending "need something else"

to the end of one of my stories and got:

  And this should be pending
4 scenarios: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 pending

I agree that it would be nice if story runner treats an empty
Given/When/Then as pending.  But what do you mean it treats pending as
an error case?