[rspec-users] Checking out Rspec

Bret Pettichord bret at pettichord.com
Thu Sep 13 09:43:27 EDT 2007

On 9/12/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> I have been having connection problems with rspec's rubyforge
> repository for a long time.  I'm running my own mirror if you want
> the subversion link (although the revision numbers are a little bit
> off).
>
> Generally, though, if you are having problems with this sort of thing
> on rubyforge, you should try contacting them directly (Rubyforge has
> it's own tracker).  They would know more about this stuff than the
> rspec project admins.

Thanks for your help. I have several projects hosted at Rubyforge (and have
contacted Tom for help on many occassions) but my first impression was that
this particular error was not a connection problem, but rather something
specific about the way the code was checked in. Apparently others are not
having this problem, so my next guess is that this is something specific to
Subclipse. I will install TortoisseSVN next and see what happens with that.
I would appreciate it if you could send me a link to your SVN mirror.

If, however, there was something specific about the error message that made
you think it really was a connection, let me know and I'll talk to Tom about
it. I ran into the same problem with the same file in three different
attempts to checkout or update.

Bret