[rspec-users] Going beyond the default html formatter/report?

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:38:13 EDT 2007

On 9/9/07, Priit Tamboom <priit.tamboom at eesti.ee> wrote:
> I wonder does anybody planning to go beyond the default html
> formatter/report?

Two things on that subject came up today, during some RSpec work.  It would
be nice if:

   1. The report contained pending messages, when specified, e.g.:

>    describe "Secure passwords with MD5" do

       pending "Waiting on selection of an MD5 library."

   The HTML report contains 'Secure passwords with MD5' as pending, but
   does not add the explanation as to why.
   2. It would be nice to be able to use DHTML expansion to see the
   source of the spec, sometimes; when we're doing walkthroughs with the
   customer representative, it's useful for him to be able to see the source as
   well as the descriptions.

  - Geoffrey
Geoffrey Wiseman