[rspec-users] Side Effects in Stories

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:25:40 EDT 2007

I have a story where the user resets the password [hey, this story
thing really rocks!]. It is expected that the password will change
and that the user will be redirected to a login screen. A side effect
is that the user will receive email with his/her new password.

Where I'm stuck is in ascertaining whether mail was generated.

Any thoughts on how this might be accomplished?

Thanks

-----------------

Story: Reset the Password

   As a registered user
   I want to be able to reset the password and have it emailed to me
   And then I want to log in

Scenario: Reset password for an account

   Given A valid account is given:  joe at schmoe.com

   When Resetting password for joe at schmoe.com

   Then Password state should change in database joe at schmoe.com
   And Registered user should be redirected to login screen
   And Email should be sent to the registered user
   And the new password should work :)