[rspec-users] Going beyond the default html formatter/report?

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Mon Sep 10 23:29:36 EDT 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 4:15 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On 9/9/07, Priit Tamboom <priit.tamboom at eesti.ee> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wonder does anybody planning to go beyond the default html
>> formatter/report?
>>
>> The current html report is nice and green but what about to go a
>> little silly and enable also user input. For example to let customer
>> to add a new pending spec, comments etc. I feel it might be mentally
>> easier for some customers to jump into spec world when it is possible
>> to give input at "the same place".
>>
>> Integrate to trac or very lightweight standalone stuff. However it
>> should not be trac reinventing effort.
>>
>> I haven't use rspec with customer yet but planning to do so with next
>> project, so I might overreact about this matter right now.
>>

> This sounds like a fantastic idea. Why don't you give it a shot?

Yeah - I'm already handing the HTML report off to my boss.   He was
amazed at it!

I agree - this sort of thing would be really nice.  Honestly, I was
thinking it would be really nice to have some sort of diff'er for the
HTML report - so that my boss could see what has been newly
implemented between different commits.

My best low tech solution was to generate the text specdoc, and diff
it in trac.  I would help you out with this tool (or set of tools) if
they seem intriguing to you.

Scott