[rspec-users] Rspec Caveman questions.

sudara sudara at modernthings.net
Mon Sep 10 13:00:34 EDT 2007

Thanks David and Scott for your comments.

@David: Your irb example worked great for exploring matchers. I was looking
for a way to be able to literally write my specs in the script/server
console, but I think at this point I'm almost good to go on DSL.

@Scott: Yes, thanks for the tips. I'm aware that I can alias lambda - the
point was more "it would be helpful for incoming users digesting DSL / it is
more english-like" -I'll throw a patch in as David suggested - as soon as I
figure out why my rails fixtures are not loading due to the last svn up ;)

Regarding the DSL being similar to Test::Unit - I'm sure it would be easier
to pick up Speccing coming from Test::Unit, but coming from nothing to a
ruby/rails/rspec, even when done slowly, requires a fair bit of trial and
error. Playing in the console is the most effective way (for me) to learn a
DSL inside and out.

Thanks both for your time!