[rspec-users] BDD your C

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Mon Sep 10 06:26:18 EDT 2007

El 10/9/2007, a las 8:01, Ben Mabey escribió:

> Hey all,
> A couple of weeks a go I posted a quested about using rSpec to spec C
> code.  Soon after I posted that I found about about SWIG.. anyways, I
> have posted a quick example on how easy it is to use rSpec with C:
> http://www.benmabey.com/2007/09/09/bdd_your_c/

Great stuff.

The other use I've found for RSpec is testing Ruby *extensions*
written in C, because then you've got your Ruby API for them anyway.
Hadn't thought of using SWIG for testing non-extension C code.

I'm looking forward to seeing if I can somehow test Objective-C code
with RSpec and the RubyCocoa bridge once Mac OS X Leopard comes out
(RubyCocoa is an open-source bridge for communicating between Ruby
and Objective-C code, specifically in the Cocoa environment). Haven't
looked into it yet (want to wait for RubyCocoa 1.0, and for Leopard
to go public) but am hopeful that it will be possible...

Cheers,
Wincent