[rspec-users] rspec_on_rails - necessary to force "test" env?

Tom Locke tom at hobocentral.net
Sat Sep 8 05:42:54 EDT 2007

Hi all

rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails.rb starts:

dir = File.dirname(__FILE__)
require 'application'

silence_warnings { RAILS_ENV = "test" }

That force into "test" environment is causing me trouble and I've
commented it out.

Why? I'm testing a plugin, and have a sort of mini rails app that I
use for the specs. The environments in this app are not dev/
production/staging because the app only exists for testing. Instead
they are mysql / sqlite etc. for testing against different DBs.

Is there a way to avoid this force into test environment?