[rspec-users] Deprecating the mocking framework?

Christopher D. Pratt chrisdpratt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:23:58 EDT 2007

What's the rationale behind removing the integrated mocking framework? Can
you not still use Mocha or FlexMock or whatever else you'd like to use
still? Meanwhile, the integrated mocking framework in RSpec provides a ready
and able mocking framework for anyone just starting out with RSpec. In my
experience, people are more apt to begin to use a new thing if it's already
there waiting for them.

Chris Pratt